A Busy Month

It has been one heck of a month, and there's a lot of things happening which should make my life even more hectic in the months to come.

Platform development continues, hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll be able to launch the new integrated multicoin wallet service to replace the old and outdated Blockstrap based one as well as a new page with a built in alt coin exchange! There's one more bit that is waiting on testing before being launched, it's an extremely exciting opportunity which should drive more traffic to Portsmouth Crypto than ever before. I can't wait till I can share it.

Minor issues prevented the public deployment of a simple dice game which will allow visitors to gamble their bitcoin in a provably fair system. Hopefully I can get that resolved in the next week. Once that is done and the wallets added you'll be able to come to Portsmouth Crypto, acquire, store and use your bitcoin, all under one roof.

All the above work is aimed at providing a safe area for people who are curious but wary of digital currencies, a chance to experiment with no risk, as well as provide links to resources and information to help the curious learn as much or as little as they are comfortable with.

Work with Heliopay continues, as new sites are considered in our efforts to increase the availability of Bitcoin ATMs, which offer a perfect safe and simple on and off ramp for those who are considering buying or using Bitcoin. Ease of access is going to continue to be a critical factor in bitcoin adoption over the next couple of years and it's a privilege to be able to help make that happen.

Although I'm not in a position to offer a link just yet, work is ongoing, in partnership with other industry colleagues, to provide a platform which will help get bitcoin into the hands of more people than ever before. To grow, the bitcoin community needs new blood, and it's to those of you who are already a part of the community who we'll be appealing when we launch. I'm really excited about where this could lead and the chance to get bitcoin into the hands of more people is something I wouldn't miss for all the riches in the world.

I've been speaking to a number of people in different places recently and I'm really happy to be able to say that I'll be attending CoinFestUK in Manchester, on the 8/9th April, where I'll be looking forward to meeting more members of the community and offering simple "How to" workshops for people who are new to bitcoin and blockchain based digital currencies. I'll also have some gifts from BitStashers and Artifax to give away, so don't be shy, come and say hello!

Preliminary talks have started with a local start up incubator which may lead to some speaking events later this year on the subject of FinTech and the various ways in which technology is fundamentally changing the way we interact with and think about money. I'll be continuing to talk with early stage start ups as well so that, in time, we can hopefully make it a cultural norm that where a new business can accept bitcoin for payment they do, by default.

So there it is, a great deal of effort is going on under the hood of the Portsmouth Crypto website, a new platform is under development, more ATMs will be launched in the coming months, and I'm finally joining the conference circuit! It has been a fantastic start to the year and it's going to be a great few months ahead.