Catch Up on 2018

As we approach the end of 2018 it seems fitting to add a new blog post, since they're not too common these days. The reality is that the workload has increased and while I used to have time to blog, I don't so much now. How ever, 2018 has been an exciting year for the industry and me personally, so let's share a few highlights.

At the start of the year the price of Bitcoin had hit its high point and begun a slow unwinding process which saw its value drop by around 80% from the peak, to the £3000 value I'd predicted way back in December 2017. Despite this slow unwinding the industry and wider community remained upbeat and interested in the tech, and I was given the chance to speak on a panel at the Institute of Directors in London, a high point for myself personally. CoinFestUK 2018 happened the following month and it was the biggest and greatest event yet, with more stands, more visitors, more talks, more workshops and more entertainment than ever before.

Through this year I've run workshops at multiple locations around the UK, sponsored by Cryptobates Group and Crown Tech Services, both teams who fully support the growth of the eco system through various means as well as supporting ongoing education efforts.

Those same sponsors have also supported me as I've engaged with a large number of Portsmouth and Hampshire based business owners who are now preparing to accept cryptocurrency as payment. The time it has taken to make this happen wouldn't have been possible with out the sponsors support. They also, as an added bonus, sponsored the Portsmouth Bitcoin beach BBQ during this years massive long beautiful Summer!

Through 2019 I expect to be attending more crypto related events, though there are two major new projects to work on, so we'll see what happens.

As we approached the end of the year it has become clear that the website needed a major overhaul as there was a lot of outdated information, broken links etc to tidy up and this became a priority. I've taken on a PA, Lenka Coates, to assist with running and growing the business in 2019, against a backdrop of falling prices and ongoing negative market sentiment, at least amongst the get rich quick crowd. Those of us who are in it for the long haul, because we can see the benefits of what is coming remain optimistic. With Lenkas help, through 2019 Portsmouth Crypto will continue to grow, providing more workshops, education packages, consultations and social meet ups than ever before to continue to expand the reach of the crypto economy.